Prof. Stuart CHRISTIE
署理院長; 教授, 文學院院長辦公室 and 英國語言文學系
|Phone number||3411 7153|
BA (Oberlin), MA (University of California), PhD (University of California)
Immersive modernism; technologies of text; postformalism; literary afterlives
20th C American and British literature
Taught previously at:
UC Santa Cruz, Villanova University
1. “Empson the Space Man: Literary Modernism Makes the Scalar Turn”. Reprint. In Cambridge Critics Beyond Cambridge. Ed. Cao Li. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2019 (forthcoming).
2. “E. M. Forster among the Ruins”. Affective Materialities: Reorienting the Body in Modernist Literature. Ed. Kara Watts, Molly Volanth Hall, and Robin Hackett. Gainesville, Fl.: UP of Florida, 2019. 55-78.
3. “E. M. Forster, Lionel Trilling, and the American Turn, 1942-1953”. The Wenshan Review. 11.2 (2018): 1-26.
4. “Umbrellas and Bottles: Teaching Welty’s Mythology in the Hong Kong Classroom”. Teaching the Works of Eudora Welty: Twenty-First-Century Approaches. Ed. Julia Eichelberger and Mae Claxton. Jackson, Miss.: UP of Mississippi, 2018. 147-157.
5. “Pearl S. Buck’s FBI File, 1938-1945”. The Space Between: Literature and Culture 1914–1945. Ed. Janine Utell. Special issue. International Intrigue: Plotting Espionage as Cultural Artifact. Phyllis Lassner and Will May, guest eds. 13 (2017).
1. Surround: Immersive Modernism and the Built Environment (book manuscript)
2. Tracking the “Chinese” Idiom in the Papers and Private Correspondence of Henry R. Luce, 1943-1960
3. The After-life of Pearl S. Buck: Aging Canonicity and Reverse Exile in the United States, 1932-1973