Prof. Liu Min-hua
文學院副院長, 翻譯學研究中心主任, 教授, 翻譯、傳譯及跨文化研究系 and 文學院院長辦公室
B.A. (Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan), M.A. (Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, USA), Ph.D. (The University of Texas at Austin, USA)
Bilingualism; Cognition of translation and interpreting; Assessment and testing in translation and interpreting; Interpreting pedagogy
Consecutive interpreting; interpreting studies; research methodology; sight translation; simultaneous interpreting
Taught previously at:
Fu Jen Catholic University; National Taiwan Normal University; Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
1. Liu, M. (2019). In search of a cognitive model for interpreting expertise. In Z. Wen, P. Skehan, A. Biedroń, S. Li & R. L. Sparks. (Eds.), Language aptitude: Advancing theory, testing, research and practice (pp. 299-315). New York: Routledge.
2. Liu, M. (2016). Putting the horse before the cart – righting the experimental approach in interpreting studies. In C. Monacelli & C. Bendazzoli (Eds.), Addressing methodological challenges in interpreting studies research (pp. 87-105). Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars.
3. Pöchhacker, F., & Liu, M. (Eds.). (2014). Aptitude for interpreting. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
4. Liu, M., & Chiu, Y-H. (2009). Assessing source material difficulty for consecutive interpreting: Quantifiable measures and holistic judgment. Interpreting, 11(2), 244-266.
5. Liu, M., Schallert, D. L., & Carroll, P. J. (2004). Working memory and expertise in simultaneous interpreting. Interpreting, 6(1), 19-42.
1. PI, Assessing the scope of expertise-driven advantages in bilinguals: A comparison of interpreters and translators. GRF, The Research Grants Council, Hong Kong (2019-2022)
2. Co-I, Teaching oral presentation skills with natural language processing technologies. Teaching Development Grants, HKBU (2019-2021)
3. Co-I, Chinese and cross-cultural health humanities: Body, mind, and well-being in the contemporary context. Initiation Grant for Faculty Niche Research Areas, HKBU (2019-2021)