Prof. Douglas Jack ROBINSON
Professor Emeritus, 翻譯、傳譯及跨文化研究系
B.A. (Jyväskylä), M.A. (Jyväskylä), Ph.L. (Jyväskylä), M.A. (Washington), Ph.D. (Washington)
Translation studies; literary studies; language studies; gender studies; rhetoric; semiotics; writing
Translation theory; critical theory; research methodologies
Taught previously at:
University of Jyväskylä, University of Washington, University of Tampere, University of Mississippi, Lingnan University
1. Forthcoming, 2021. Priming Translation: Cognitive, Affective, and Social Aspects. London and New York: Routledge.
2. 2020. Mia Kankimäki, The Women I Think About at Night. Memoir, 407-page translation. New York: Simon & Schuster.
3. 2020. Volter Kilpi, Gulliver’s Voyage to Phantomimia. Novel, 358-page transcreation. Bucharest, Romania: Zeta Books
4. 2019. Transgender, Translation, Translingual Address. New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
5. 2017. Translationality: Essays in the Translational-Medical Humanities. London and Singapore: Routledge.
1. “The Behavioral Economics of Translation.” 105,000-word monograph ms. Under review at Routledge.
2. “The Strange Loops of Translation.” 90,000-word monograph ms. Under review at Bloomsbury Academic.
3. “Translating the Monster: Volter Kilpi in Orbit Beyond (Un)translatability.” 110,000-word monograph ms. Under review at Brill.