副院長(學術研究); 副系主任及副教授, 文學院院長辦公室 and 翻譯、傳譯及跨文化研究系
|Phone number||3411 2259|
B.A. (JSU), M.A. (SISU), Ph.D. (CityU)
Corpus-based translation/interpreting studies, political discourse and translation/interpreting, digital humanities, the performative side of interpreting, learner factors & situated learning in interpreter training, etc.
Corpus-based approach to translation; conference interpreting; community interpreting; consecutive interpreting; simultaneous interpreting; translation workshop
Taught previously at:
CityU, HSMC (now HSUHK), etc.
1. Pan, J., Wong, T. M., & Wang, H. (2022). Navigating learner data in translator and interpreter training: Insights from the Chinese/English Translation and Interpreting Learner Corpus (CETILC). Babel: International Journal of Translation, 68(2), pp. 236-266. [AHCI&SSCI listed] https://doi.org/10.1075/babel.00260.pan
2. Pan, J. (2019). The Chinese/English Political Interpreting Corpus (CEPIC). Hong Kong Baptist University Library, Accessible from https://digital.lib.hkbu.edu.hk/cepic/
3. Pan, J. (2019). The pragmatics of political discourse: An analytical framework and a comparative study of policy speeches in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong. Bandung: Journal of the Global South. 6 (2), 1-33.
4. Pan, J., & Wong, T. M. (2019). Developing pragmatic competence in Chinese–English political retour Interpreting: A corpus-driven exploratory study of pragmatic markers. InTRAlinea Special Issue: New Insights into Translator Training. URL: http://www.intralinea.org/archive/article/2415.
5. Yan, J. X., Pan, J., & Wang, H. H. (2018). Research on Translator and Interpreter Training - A collective volume of bibliometric reviews and empirical studies on learners (1st ed). Series: New Frontiers in Translation Studies, Series Ed. by D. Li. Singapore: Springer.
1. Re-test the universals: “Mining” interpreting data through re-engineered mega-size corpora
2. Breaking the language barriers in a post-pandemic era: E-Inter-Link
3. Peak performance across disciplines: (Re)definitions, approaches and training