語言研究文學碩士課程主任; 副教授, 英國語言文學系
|Phone number||3411 5135|
B.A. (TJNU), M.A. (TJNU), M.Phil. (CUHK), Ph.D. (KU)
Phonology; phonetics; speech perception; second language phonetics/phonology; Chinese languages
Introduction to linguistics; phonetics and phonology; language acquisition and language learning; language typology and language change
• Kong, Huifang, Wu Shengyi, Mingxing Li, & Xiangrong Shen. (forthcoming). The articulatory properties of apical vowels in Hefei Mandarin. Journal of the International Phonetic Association.
• Wee, Lian-Hee, & Mingxing Li. (forthcoming). Complexity in the Phonology of Tone. Cambridge University Press.
• Li, Mingxing, & Jie Zhang. 2023. The interplay between psychoacoustic perception and L1-specific perception in evaluating the distinctiveness of sound pairs. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, EL 3 (4), 045201-045207. https://doi.org/10.1121/10.0017771
• Li, Mingxing. 2021. The typology of sibilant place contrasts in the high-front vowel context across Chinese dialects. Journal of East Asian Linguistics, 30, 387–438. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10831-021-09232-0
• Li, Mingxing, & Jie Zhang. 2017. "Perceptual Distinctiveness between Dental and Palatal Sibilants in Different Vowel Contexts and its Implications for Phonological Contrasts." Laboratory Phonology: Journal of the Association for Laboratory Phonology, 8(1), 18, 1-27. https://doi.org/10.5334/labphon.27
• Wee, Lian-Hee, & Mingxing Li. 2015. Modern Chinese phonology. Oxford Handbook of Chinese Linguistics, eds., Wang William S.Y., and Chaofen Sun, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
As Principal Investigator
Hong Kong Baptist University, Faculty Research Grant (FRG) Category II [FRG2/17-18/076]: Perceptual Basis of Language Typology: An Experimental Study of Syllable-final Consonants. HK$149,360 (US$19,000). Aug. 1, 2018 – Jan. 31, 2020.
As Collaborative Investigator
The National Social Science Fund of China [18BYY215]. Chinese English Learners’ Accent Intelligibility Core and Its Visualization Applications. (PI: Dr. Hu CHEN, Zhejiang Gongshang University). June 21, 2018 – Dec. 31, 2021. CNY¥200,000 (US$29,300).