Tone perception and production;
Second language acquisition;
Speech sound disorders;
Introductory Mandarin for Non-Chinese Speakers
1. Li, X. X. & To, C. K. S. (2017). A review of phonological development of Mandarin-speaking children. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 26(4), 1262-1278.
2. Li, X. X., To, C. K. S., & Ng, L. M. W. (2017). Effects of L1 tone on perception of L2 tone - A study of Mandarin tone learning by native Cantonese children. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 20(3), 549-560.
3. To, C. K. S., Li, X. X., et al. (2016). Talent acquisition - Can you be a BoLe? 能人所不能, 慧眼覓良人-你可以做伯樂嗎? Centre for Communication Disorders, HKU.
4. To, C. K. S., Lui, H. M., Li, X. X., and Lam, G. Y. H. (2015). A randomized controlled trial of two syntactic treatment procedures with Cantonese-speaking school-age children with language disorders. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 58, 1258-1272.
5. To, C. K. S., Law, T., & Li, X. X. (2012). Influence of additional language learning on first language learning in children with language disorders. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders, 47: 208–216.