B.A., Peking University, China, M.S., Carnegie Mellon University, USA, Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Causation, Formal Epistemology, Philosophy of Science, Artificial Intelligence
Epistemology, Logic, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Science
Taught previously at:
Lingnan University, Hong Kong
California Institute of Technology, USA
1. Jaber, A., Zhang, J., and Bareinboim, E. 2019. “Causal Identification under Markov Equivalence: Completeness Results.” Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Machine Learning, PMLR 97: 2981-2989.
2. Zhang, J., Liu, H., and Seidenfeld, T. 2018. “Agreeing to Disagree and Dilation.” International Journal of Approximate Reasoning. pp. 150-162.
3. Zhalama, Zhang, J., and Mayer, W. 2017. “Weakening Faithfulness: Some Heuristic Causal Discovery Algorithms.” International Journal of Data Science and Analytics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 93-104.
4. Zhang, J., and Spirtes, P. 2016. “The Three Faces of Faithfulness.” Synthese, vol. 193, no. 4, pp. 1011-1027.
5. Zhang, J., and Zhang, K. 2015. “Likelihood and Consilience”, Philosophy of Science, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 930-940.
1. “Parsimony in Causal Inference: Epistemic Justifications and Methodological Implications”, Funded by the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong.
2. “Logical Investigations of Causal Models and Counterfactual Structures”, Funded by the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong.