Prof. Lian-Hee Wee
|Phone number||3411 7801|
Ph.D. (Rutgers Univ.), B.A. (Honours, National Univ. of Singapore)
Mostly Phonology; Hong Kong and Singapore Englishes, Chinese, and occasional stabs at culture
Englishes; linguistic theory
Taught previously at:
National University of Singapore
• Wee, Lian-Hee (2019) Phonological Tone. Cambridge University Press.
• Ng, Kum-Hoon and Lian-Hee Wee (2018) Chiaroscuro of the Uncanny: an unknown side of Old Master Q. In Jason S. Polley, Vinton W.K. Poon and Lian-Hee Wee (eds.) Cultural Conflict in Hong Kong: Angles on a Coherent Imaginary. Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 211-234 (Chapter 12).
• Winnie H.Y. Cheung and Lian-Hee Wee (2018) Principles of the Hong Kong Kitchen Shorthand. Hong Kong Studies, vol.1.2:120-142.
• Wee, Lian-Hee (2016) Tone Assignment in Hong Kong English. Language, vol.92.2:e112-132.
• Wee, Lian-Hee (2015) Prominence from Complexity: Capturing the Tianjin Ditonal Patterns. Language and Linguistics, special issue on Theoretical Aspects of Chinese Phonology. Vol. 16.6:891-926.
1. Research Matching Grant Scheme
i. The Chinese-English Integration Program, Shanghai Xinjia Education and Technology Company.
ii. The Oral English Improvement Program, Suzhou Neo-Alliance Education and Technology Company
2. 国家社会科学基金项目The National Social Science Foundation of China. 《中文与越南语、泰语间的音译词声调互借机制实验研究》[Tonal adaptations of Chinese with Vietnamese and Thai], (Project Code 18XYY024) as Co-I, QIN Chuan (Guangxi University) as PI, and Qin Pu, Wei Lihua, and Lin Zhiliang as Co-Is (all Guangxi University).