Dr. Ruth Y.Y. Hung
副系主任, 文学与比较研究文学硕士课程主任, 副教授, 英国语言文学系
|Phone number||3411 7265|
BA, M.Phil. HKU; D.Phil. Oxon
Modern Literary Criticism; China-West Literary Relations; Animal Studies
Literary and Comparative Studies
Taught previously at:
University of Hong Kong
• ‘Time Has Begun: Hu Feng’s Poiesis in Socialist China, 1937–1950.’ Canadian Review of Comparative Literature, 44.3 (September 2017): 579-593.
• ‘Red Nostalgia: Commemorating Mao in Our Time.’ Twenty-first Century ‘Chinoiserie’: China and the Global Imaginary, a special issue of Literature Compass, 12.8 (August 2015): 371-384.
• ‘Classic or Farce? Making a Spectacle of China’s Anti-Japan Serials’ (with Q.S. Tong). In Routledge Handbook of Cultural and Creative Industries in Asia, eds. Lorraine Lim & Hye-Kyung Lee. Ch.16. London: Routledge, 2018. 239-249.
• ‘Imagination Sterilized: The Workings of the Global Spectacle.’ boundary 2 40.3 (September 2013): 101-137.
• ‘Cultural Policy between the State and the Market: Regulation, Creativity, and Contradiction’ (with Q.S. Tong). International Journal of Cultural Policy 18.3 (2012): 265-78; reprinted in Cultural Policy in East Asia: Contemporary Issues and Trends, ed. Lorraine Lim. London: Routledge, 2014. 5-18.
Animals at the Crossroads: Imagination and the Human Sciences