Dr. Lucetta KAM
Associate Professor, 人文及创作系
|Phone number||3411 3139|
B.A. (HKU), M.A. (Leicester University), M.Phil. (CUHK), Ph.D. (CUHK)
Transnational Chinese Queer Studies; Chinese Lesbian Ethnography; Hong Kong Studies
Gender and sexuality; Migration and mobility; Love and humanities; Hong Kong studies; Personal and creative writing
Taught previously at:
Department of Public Administration, Shantou University, China
Department of Journalism and Communication, Chu Hai College of Higher Education, Hong Kong
Department of Cultural Studies, Lingnan University
Gender Studies Programme, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
School of Professional and Continuing Education, HKU SPACE
Department of Applied Social Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
1. Kam, Y. L. Lucetta. 2019. “Coming Out and Going Abroad: The Chuguo Mobility of Queer Women in China, Journal of Lesbian Studies, DOI: 10.1080/10894160.2019.1622932
2. Kam, Y. L. Lucetta. 2019. Co-authored with Joseph M. K. Cho. “Same-sex marriage in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan: Ideologies, spaces and developments”. In Yu, Fu-Lai Tony and Kwan, Diana S. (eds), Contemporary Issues in International Political Economy, Palgrave Macmillan, pp.289-306.
3. Kam, Y. L. Lucetta. 2017. “Return, Come Out: Queer Lives in Postcolonial Hong Kong.” Y. W. Chu (ed) Hong Kong Culture and Society in the New Millennium: Hong Kong as Method. Singapore: Springer, p.165-178.
4. Kam, Y. L. Lucetta. 2014. “Desiring T, Desiring Self: ‘T-Style’ Pop Singers and Lesbian Culture in China.” “Transnational Lesbian Cultures,” a special issue of Journal of Lesbian Studies, eds., Heike Bauer, and Churnjeet Mahn, p.252-265.
5. Kam, Y. L. Lucetta. 2013. Shanghai Lalas: Female Tongzhi Communities and Politics in Urban China (Chinese edition, 2015), Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press. (A finalist of LGBT Studies category, Lambda Literary Awards 2014).
Queer mobility and migration; queer popular culture in East Asia