Dr. Cissy Li
Principal Lecturer, 语文中心
B.A. in English, Postgrat Dip in Applied Linguistics, M.A. in Applied Linguistics (TESOL), Ph.D in Applied Linguistics
Discourse analysis; EAP; Peer Learning
• Ho, V & Li, C (2018). The use of metadiscourse and persuasion: an analysis of first year university students’ timed argumentative essays” Journal of English for Academic Purposes, Vol. 33, pp. 53-68.
• Li, C & Ngai, J. (2018). Challenges and issues in academic writing perspectives from peer tutors. The Asian Journal of Applied Linguistics. Vol. 5, Issue 1, pp. 104-116.
• Li, C (2014). Book review of “Disciplinary identities: individuality and community in academic discourse” by Ken Hyland” CUP, 2012, American Anthropologist. Vol. 116 (4).
• Li, C. (2009). The study of disciplinary identity – some theoretical underpinnings. HKBU Papers in Applied Language Studies of HKBU. Vol. 13.
1. Principal investigator of HKBU TDG project: "A Collaborative Instructional Approach to English Across the Curriculum". (June 2019 – September 2020). Amount: HK$248,665
2. Co-investigator of UGC-FSTL project “A Student-Tutor Writing Consultation Programme and Inter-institutional Writing Consultation Support System”. (Sept. 2017 - Jan. 2020) Amount: HK$248,665
3. Deputy project coordinator of Innovation and Technology Fund for Better Living (FBL) project "A multi-modal Speaking App that introduces primary school pupils to the world of English poetry and intonation". (1 Dec. 2019 – 30 Nov. 2022) Amount: HK$2,699,280