Dr. Cissy Li
语文中心主任, 首席讲师, 语文中心
B.A. in English, Postgrat Dip in Applied Linguistics, M.A. in Applied Linguistics (TESOL), Ph.D in Applied Linguistics
Discourse analysis; EAP; Peer Learning
• Ho, V & Li, C (2018). The use of metadiscourse and persuasion: an analysis of first year university students’ timed argumentative essays” Journal of English for Academic Purposes, Vol. 33, pp. 53-68.
• Li, C & Ngai, J. (2018). Challenges and issues in academic writing perspectives from peer tutors. The Asian Journal of Applied Linguistics. Vol. 5, Issue 1, pp. 104-116.
• Li, C (2014). Book review of “Disciplinary identities: individuality and community in academic discourse” by Ken Hyland” CUP, 2012, American Anthropologist. Vol. 116 (4).
• Li, C. (2009). The study of disciplinary identity – some theoretical underpinnings. HKBU Papers in Applied Language Studies of HKBU. Vol. 13.
1. Deputy Coordinator of FBL project: “A multi-modal Speaking App that introduces primary school pupils to the world of English poetry and intonation”. Amount: HK$2,699,280. (Sept 2019 – Aug 2022)
2. Co-investigator of HKBU TDG project: “A poetry corpus for English language teachers to deliver pronunciation teaching”. Amount: HK$300,000. (September 2019 – February 2021)
3. Principal investigator of HKBU TDG project: “A Collaborative Instructional Approach to English Across the Curriculum”. Amount: HK$268,665. (June 2019 – April 2021)