Dr. Camilo Mendez
Assistant Professor, 音乐系
|Phone number||3411 7596|
B.A. (University of Los Andes), M.A. (Royal College of Music), PhD. (Royal College of Music)
Music Composition and theory
Taught previously at:
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study (Harvard University)
Rieman and Baketel Fellow for Music
1. Mendez, Camilo. 2019. Prepared Saxophone Quartet (9 minutes): (White) Planes in Dissolution, commissioned by Fukio Saxophone Quartet; Premiered by Fukio Saxophone Quartet, Jornadas de Musica Contemporanea, Centro Gallego de Arte Contemporaneo, Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
2. Mendez, Camilo. 2019. Female Vocalist (producing sounds inside Piano) and Pianist (10 minutes): Uslar/Gorong, commissioned by the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study (Harvard University) and the Creative Arts Initiative of New York University at Buffalo; Premiered by The Hayley-Laufer Duo, Burchfield Penney Art Center, Buffalo, NY, USA.
3. Mendez, Camilo. 2018. Reimagining Musical Instruments: The Sound of Impossible Objects in My Music; Lecture and Portrait Concert Performed by Yarn/Wire; Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study (Harvard University), Cambridge, MA, USA.
4. Mendez, Camilo. 2018. 2 Pianists and 2 Percussionists (9 minutes): Cartography of Confined Spaces, ICEBERG New Music; Performed by Yarn/ Wire at Tenri Cultural Center, New York, NY, USA.
5. Mendez, Camilo. 2016. Prepared Oboe, Prepared Alto Saxophone, Percussion (x2), Piano and Prepared Double Bass (8 minutes): Cartography of Convoluted Spaces, Commissioned by New Dots, Premiered by Workers Union
1. Mendez, Camilo. 2019. Prepared Ensemble (11 minutes): Cartography of Peripheral Spaces, commissioned by Vertixe Sonora Ensemble; Premiered by Vertixe Sonora Ensemble, VII Festival de Creacion Musical Contemporanea, Vigo, Spain.
2. Mendez, Camilo. 2019. Prepared Duo (Violin and Viola) (7 minutes): Iridescent Resonance, commissioned by Festival de Musica Contemporanea 'Cristobal Halffter', Spain; Premiered by Roberto Alonso Trillo and Aglaya Gonzales, Festival de Musica Contemporanea 'Cristobal Halffter', Ponferrada, Spain.
3. Mendez, Camilo. 2019. Prepared Soprano, Prepared Flute and 3 Pianists (8 minutes): Minimáquina III, commissioned by Blueridge Chamber Festival, Canada; Premiered by Dorothea Hayley, Soprano and Blueridge Festival Faculty, Blueridge Chamber Festival, Vancouver, Canada.