Dr. Benedict S. B. CHAN
PhD, Philosophy, University of Maryland, College Park
MA, Philosophy, University of Maryland, College Park
BS, Economics and Philosophy, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Social & Political Philosophy; Applied Ethics & Moral Philosophy; Comparative Philosophy (Chinese and Western)
Contemporary Moral Issues; Philosophy of Human Rights; Political Philosophy: East and West
Taught previously at:
Hang Seng Management College
1. Chan, Benedict S. B. (2019). Enhanced Interrogation, Consequential Evaluation, and Human Rights to Health. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry, 16(3), 455-461.
2. Chan, Benedict S. B. (2019). A Preliminary Consequential Evaluation of the Roles of Cultures in Human Rights Debates. Filosofia Theoretica: Journal of African Philosophy, Culture and Religions, 8(1), 163-182.
3. Chan, Benedict S. B. (2019). East Asia: Challenges to Political Rights. In Jay Drydyk & Lori Keleher (Eds.), Routledge Handbook of Development Ethics (pp. 382-386). New York: Routledge.
4. Chan, Benedict S. B. (2015). Animal Ethics, International Animal Protection and Confucianism. Global Policy, 6(2), 172-175.
5. Chan, Benedict S. B. (2014). A Human Rights Debate on Physical Security, Political Liberty, and the Confucian Tradition. Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy, 13(4), 567-588.
1. Philosophical Investigation of the Ethics of Human Rights
2. Confucian Animal Ethics and Its Practical Application
3. Moral Issues of Public Health and Technology