PROF. YIP, Siu Han TerrY
Emeritus Professor, Department of English Language and Literature, Arts Faculty, Hong Kong Baptist University (Sep. 2020- )
|Phone number||3411 7170|
BA (Chinese University of Hong Kong), A.M. and Ph.D. (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
Chinese-Western Literary Relations; Comparative Literary Studies; Modern British Literature; Reception and Influence Studies; Romanticism; Self and Identity in Literature; Gender and Literature
Theories and Methodologies in Comparative Literature; Chinese-Western Literary Relations; Romantic Literature; Critical Approaches to Literature; Gender and Literature; Literature and Translation; Great Works in World Literature; Modern British and Chinese Literature; Utopian and Dystopian Literature; Women in Modern Drama; Influence Study and Reception Study.
• “Faces of the Self in Modern Chinese Literature.” Canadian Review of Comparative Literature 45.2 (2018): 275-289.
• (co-edited with Monika Gänßbauer). Die reisende Familie: Hongkonger Autorinnen erzählen. Freiburg: Projektverlag, 2017. 100 pp.
• (co-authored with Monika Gänßbauer). “Place and Identity: Selected Stories of Hong Kong since the 1960s.” Orientaliska Studier (Stockholm University) 152 (2017): 88-124.
• “Cultural Assimilation: Two Ibsenian Women on the Traditional Chinese Yue Theatre.” Interlitteraria 21.2 (2016): 275-289.
• “Border Crossing: Place, Identity and the Dis/Location of the Self in Xu Xi’s The Unwalled City.” Narrating Race: Asia, (Trans)Nationalism, Social Change. (Textxet 64) Ed. Robbie B.H. Goh. Amsterdam: Rodopi. 2011. 181-197.
• Desire as an Archetypal Theme in Modern Chinese and Western Literature.
• Ibsen and the Rewriting of Gender Relations in Modern Chinese Drama”
• Dis/Re-location of the Self in the Film Comrades: Almost a Love Story.