Prof. Kwai-Cheung LO
Professor, Director of Creative and Professional Writing Programme, Department of Humanities and Creative Writing
|Phone number||3411 5984|
B.A. (HKU), M.Phil. (HKU), M.A. (University of Minnesota), Ph.D. (Stanford University)
Cultural Studies; Creative Writing; Film Studies; Ethnic Studies; Diaspora Writing in English; East-West Comparative Studies; Literary Theory; and Psychoanalysis
Chinese-Western comparative studies; Critical theory; Gender theory; Cultural studies; Critical theory; Literary criticism (ENG3850); Asian American studies; English Diaspora literature; Creative Writing
Taught previously at:
Division of Humanities, University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Board of Studies in Literature, University of California, Santa Cruz
1. Lo, K.C. 2017. “Hate-Loving Nation-State: Theorizing Asian Nationalist Affects.” Precarious Belongings: Affect and Nationalism in Asia, eds., Wang Chih-ming, and Daniel P.S. Goh, London & New York: Rowman & Littlefield, 19-38.
2. Lo, K.C. 2016. “Buddha Found and Lost in the Chinese Nation of ‘Diversity in Unity’: Pema Tseden's Films as a Buddhist Mode of Reflexivity.” Special issue on “the Tibetan Cinema of Pema Tseden.” Journal of Chinese Cinemas 10.2 (2016): 150-165.
3. Lo, K.C. 2015. “Hong Kong Cinema as Ethnic Borderland.” In A Companion to Hong Kong Cinema, eds., Cheung Esther M.K., Gina Marchetti, and Esther C.M. Yau. Malden, M.A.: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 71-88.
4. Lo, K.C. ed., 2014.《再見亞洲：全球化時代的解構與重建》 (Re-Sighting Asia: Deconstruction and Reinvention in the Global Era). Hong Kong: Chinese University Press.
5. Lo, K.C. 2010. Excess and Masculinity in Asian Cultural Productions, Albany: the State University of New York Press, 2010.