Prof. Douglas Jack ROBINSON
Chair Professor of English, Office of the Dean of Arts
|Phone number||3411 7320|
B.A. (Jyväskylä), M.A. (Jyväskylä), Ph.L. (Jyväskylä), M.A. (Washington), Ph.D. (Washington)
Translation studies; literary studies; language studies; gender studies; rhetoric; semiotics; writing
Translation theory; critical theory; research methodologies
Taught previously at:
University of Jyväskylä, University of Washington, University of Tampere, University of Mississippi, Lingnan University
1. 2019. Transgender, Translation, Translingual Address. New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
2. 2017. Translationality: Essays in the Translational-Medical Humanities. London and Singapore: Routledge.
3. 2017. Aleksis Kivi and/as World Literature. Leiden and Boston: Brill.
4. 2017. Critical Translation Studies. London and Singapore: Routledge.
5. 2016. The Deep Ecology of Rhetoric in Mencius and Aristotle. Albany: SUNY Press.
1. “Priming Translation: Michael S. Gazzaniga’s Interpreter Theory and the Cognitive, Affective, and Social Priming of Translators’ Decisions.” 50,000 words. Under review at Routledge.
2. “The Strange Loops of Translation.” 90,000 words. Under review at Bloomsbury Academic.
3. “Reframing Translational Norm Theory Through 4E Cognition.” 8000 words. Under review at Translation, Cognition, Behavior.