Ms. Vicky Man
Senior Lecturer, Language Centre
M.A. in Linguistics (University of Victoria)
B.A. in Linguistics (Simon Fraser University)
Cert. in TESL (Simon Fraser University)
• World Englishes
• Pronunciation Pedagogy and Assessment
• Acoustic Phonetics
• Speech prosody
Academic English; English Pronunciation; World Englishes
• (Editor) Selected Papers from the 2007 Annual Research Forum of The Linguistic Society of Hong Kong. Hong Kong: Linguistic Society of Hong Kong, 2007.
• Using a CALL Approach in Pronunciation Teaching. Proceedings of the Korea Association of Teachers of English International Conference, Seoul, Korea, June 23-24, 2006, p. 446-450.
• CD-ROM: Improving your Pronunciation for Chinese Speakers of English (with Tony Hung), 2005.
• Focus Effects on Cantonese Tones: An Acoustic Study. Proceedings of Speech Prosody 2002, Aix-en-Provence, France, April 11-13, 2002, p. 467-470.
HKBU DELTA Coordinator