Ms. Rita Gill SINGH
Senior Lecturer, Language Centre
|Phone number||3411 7362|
MSc (Leicester); MEd (ELT) (Sheffield); RSA CELTA (Cambridge)
• Corporate communication
• English in the workplace
• Materials development
• University English I
• University English II
• English through Films and Short Stories
• Professional Business Writing and Speaking
• IELTS Preparation Course (Speaking & Listening)
• IELTS Preparation Course (Reading & Writing)
• Intensive IELTS Preparation Course (Speaking)
• Honours Project Writing
• Job Interview Skills
• Jazz up your Resume/CV!
Taught previously at:
City University of Hong Kong
• Ngai, C.S.B., Einwiller, S., & Singh, R.G. (2019). An exploratory study on content and style as driving factors facilitating dialogic communication between corporations and publics on social media in China. Public Relations Review. DOI: 10.1016/j.pubrev.2019.101813 (SSCI)
• Ngai, C.S.B., Singh, R.G., & Koon, A.C. (2018). A discourse analysis of the macro-structure, metadiscoursal and microdiscoursal features in the abstracts of research articles across multiple science disciplines. PLoS One, 13(10): e0205417.
• Ngai, S.B., & Singh, R.G. (2018). Reading beyond the lines: Themes and cultural values in corporate leaders’ communication. Journal of Communication Management, 22(2), pp.212-232.
• Ngai, S.B., & Singh, R.G. (2017). Move structure and communication style of leaders’ messages in corporate discourse: A cross-cultural perspective. Discourse & Communication, 11 (3), 276-295. (SSCI)
• Ngai, Sing-bik, & Singh, R.G. (2014). Communication With Stakeholders Through Corporate Web Sites: An Exploratory Study on the CEO Messages of Major Corporations in Greater China. Journal of Business and Technical Communication, 28(3), pp.1- 43. (SSCI)