Mr. Leo Yu
Lecturer I, Language Centre
B.A. (Hons) (CityU), Cert. Ed. (HKU), M.A. (Birmingham), M.Sc. (HKU)
Use of ICT in Education; Business English; Genre Analysis; Discourse Analysis; Language Testing
Writing; EAP; ESP; EAC; IELTS; TOEFL; Workplace English; Exam skills for CRE/JRE
• Yu, L., (2008) "Application of Online Questionnaires in Grammar Teaching: the design and implications for university students and teachers", in F. Zhang and B. Barber, (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Computer Enhanced Language Acquisition and Learning, Hershey: Information Science Reference (IGI Global), pp. 64-83
• Yu, L., (2006)."Inquiry into Student Strategies for Giving Feedback in an Online Collaborative Writing Classroom", The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge & Society, 1(6) pp. 137-145.
• Yu, Leo. (2014). ‘Engaging Students in Active Participation in the English Classroom Using iQlickers’, paper presented at the ELTU Conference 2014, organized by the English Language Teaching Unit, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Hong Kong. (5 June 2014). (Refereed)
• Yu, Leo. (2006). ‘Key Design Considerations for CALL Packages, From the Perspective of a Teacher Trainer’, paper presented at the Hong Kong International IT in Education Conference 2006, organized by Education and Manpower Bureau, The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. (6-8 February 2006). (Refereed)
• Yu, Leo. (2005). ‘Inquiry into Student Strategies for Giving Feedback in an Online Collaborative Writing Classroom’, paper presented at the International Conference on Technology, Knowledge and Society, University of California, Berkeley. (18-20 February 2005). (Refereed)
• Member, Project Tile: Developing Multidisciplinary and Multicultural Competences through Gamification and Challenge-Based Collaborative Learning. UGC Funding Scheme for Teaching and Learning Related Proposals (2016-19 Triennium).