Dr. Yiu-Fai CHOW
Associate Professor, Department of Humanities and Creative Writing
|Phone number||3411 5582|
B.A. (HKU), M.A. (University of Amsterdam), Ph.D. (University of Amsterdam)
gender and sexuality; creative practices and cultural studies
Taught previously at:
Ecole Plytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
International School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Department of English, City University, Hong Kong
Sinological Institute, Leiden University, the Netherlands
1. Chow, Y.F. (2019). Caring in Times of Precarity: A Study of Single Women Doing Creative Work in Shanghai. London and New York: Palgrave Macmillan. Pp.346.
2. Chow, Y.F. (2017). Exploring creative class mobility: Hong Kong creative workers in Shanghai and Beijing. Eurasian Geography & Economics. 58(4): 361-385.
3. Chow, Y.F. (2017). Hong Kong Creative Workers in Mainland China: The Aspirational, the Precarious, the Ethical. China Information. 31(1): 43-62.
4. Schmidt, L., Chow, Y.F. & De Kloet, J. (2017). From handover to leftover – Tatming, Umbrellas, and the postcolonial ruins of Hong Kong. Situations 10(1): 119–145.
5. Chow, Y. F., & De Kloet, J. (2013). Sonic Multiplicities: Hong Kong Pop and the Global Circulation of Sound and Image. Bristol: Intellect. Pp.178.
1. 2018-19, Project Applicant (with Dr. Gladys Chong), “In the Eye of the Beholder? Facial Beauty and Social Distinction in Hong Kong, Institute of Creative Hong Kong Baptist University (HK$100,000), in collaboration with Professor Giselinde Kuipers, University of Amsterdam
2. 2018-2019, P.I., “Different Ages, Different Precarities? A Study of Single Women Doing Creative Work in Shanghai from the Perspective of Age”, General Research Fund (GRF), UGC (project number 12613117, HK$256,096)