Dr. PAN, Janice J
Associate Professor, Department of Translation, Interpreting and Intercultural Studies
|Phone number||3411 2259|
B.A. (JSU), M.A. (SISU), Ph.D. (CityU)
Corpus-based interpreting/translation studies; interpreting/translation & political discourse; learner factors in interpreting, etc.
Consecutive interpreting; simultaneous interpreting; translation workshop; linguistics for translators
Taught previously at:
CityU, HSMC (now HSUHK), etc.
1. Pan, J. (2019). The Chinese/English Political Interpreting Corpus (CEPIC). Hong Kong Baptist University Library, Accessible from https://digital.lib.hkbu.edu.hk/cepic/
2. Pan, J. (2019). The pragmatics of political discourse: An analytical framework and a comparative study of policy speeches in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong. Bandung: Journal of the Global South. 6 (2), 1-33.
3. Pan, J., & Wong, T. M. (2019). Developing pragmatic competence in Chinese–English political retour Interpreting: A corpus-driven exploratory study of pragmatic markers. InTRAlinea Special Issue: New Insights into Translator Training. URL: http://www.intralinea.org/archive/article/2415.
4. Pan, J., & Wong, T. M. (2018). A corpus-driven study of contrastive markers in Cantonese‒English political interpreting. BRAIN –Broad Research in Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience, 9 (2), 168-176. https://www.edusoft.ro/brain/index.php/brain/article/view/816/945
5. Yan, J. X., Pan, J., & Wang, H. H. (2018). Research on Translator and Interpreter Training - A collective volume of bibliometric reviews and empirical studies on learners (1st ed). Series: New Frontiers in Translation Studies, Series Ed. by D. Li. Singapore: Springer.
1. Competence development in student translators and interpreters: A Corpus-based study of lexical cohesion
2. The Chinese-English Political Interpreting Corpus (CEPIC): An Online Corpus for the Study of Interpreted Political Speeches
3. Interpreting into the B language: A corpus-oriented study of pragmatic markers in interpreted political speeches from Chinese to English