Dr. Maialen Marin-Lacarta
Assistant Professor, Department of Translation, Interpreting and Intercultural Studies
|Phone number||3411 5275|
B.A. (UAB), M.A. (INALCO), PhD (INALCO & UAB)
Literary translation; modern and contemporary Chinese literature; translation history; sociology of translation; indirect translation; digital publishing; collaborative translation
Chinese literature in translation; Translation, publishing and global circulation; Methods and strategies of translation; Spanish/Chinese translation; Comparative topics in Hispanic/Chinese cultures
Taught previously at:
Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales; Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
• Marin-Lacarta, Maialen and Mireia Vargas-Urpi (2018). “When the Translator Does More than Translate: A Case Study of Translator Roles in a Digital Publishing Initiative,” Hermes: Journal of Language and Communication Studies, 58: 117-137. Doi: https://doi.org/10.7146/hjlcb.v0i58.111678
• Marin-Lacarta, Maialen and Mireia Vargas-Urpi (2018). “Translators Revising Translators: A Fruitful Alliance,” Perspectives: Studies in Translation Theory and Practice. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/0907676X.2018.1533569 [AHCI journal].
• Marin-Lacarta, Maialen (2018). “Characteristics of a Digital Literary Translation Publisher: Revisiting Bourdieu’s Mapping of the Publishing Field,” The Translator. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13556509.2018.1543566 [AHCI journal].
• Marin-Lacarta, Maialen (2018). “Mediated and Marginalised: Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature Translations in Spain (1949-2010),” Meta: Translators’ Journal, 63 (2): 306-321. Doi: https://doi.org/10.7202/1055141ar [AHCI journal].
• Marin-Lacarta, Maialen (2017). “Indirectness in Literary Translation: Methodological Possibilities,” Translation Studies, 10 (2), Special issue on Indirect Translation: 133-149. Doi: 10.1080/14781700.2017.1286255
• ECS research project: “Hong Kong and its Literature through a Double Lens: English and French Anthologies of Translated Literature”
• Translating Fanhua by Jin Yucheng into Spanish..