Dr. Lap Tuen, Michael Wong
Senior Lecturer, Language Centre
B.IntBus (AIS), Cert.TESOL (Trinity College, London), M.A. (Auck), M.Ed (Q’ld), Ph.D. (Tas)
• Second Language Teaching Methodology
• Critical Discourse Analysis
• English Language Education in a Global World
• Language Needs Analysis
• University English I
• University English II
• Writing Enhancement Course
• IELTS Preparation Course (Writing Task 1)
• IELTS Preparation Course (Writing Task 2)
Taught previously at:
Lingnan University, HKU SPACE, Centennial College
• Wong, L.T., & Wong, W. L. H. (Eds.). (2018). Teaching and learning English for academic purposes: Current research and practices. New York, NY: Nova Science.
• Wong, L. T., & Wong, W. L. H. (2018). The development of students’ critical thinking in EAP classrooms in Hong Kong. In L. T. Wong & W. L. H. Wong (Eds.), Teaching and learning English for academic purposes: Current research and practices (pp. 199-218). NY: Nova Science.
• Wong, L.T., & Dubey-Jhaveri, A. (2015). English language education in a global world: Practices, issues and challenges. NY: Nova Science Publishers.
• Wong, W.L., Dubey-Jhaveri, A., & Wong, L.T. (2015). The dilemma of matching learning styles and teaching styles in English language classrooms. In L.T. Wong & A. Dubey-Jhaveri (Eds.), English language education in a global world: Practices, issues and challenges. NY: Nova Science Publishers.
• Wong, L.T. (2011). Presented a paper on “The development of community college education in Hong Kong” at The Ninth International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, organised by College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Conference was held at the Universidad de Granada, Spain on 8th – 11th June 2011.
Co-investigator (May 2019 – September 2020), A Collaborative Instructional Approach to English Across the Curriculum. Teaching Development Grants. HK$ 200,000.