Dr. Kwok, Wai Luen
Associate Head/Associate Professor, Department of Religion and Philosophy
|Phone number||3411 7326|
M.Soc.Sc. (CityU), M.Div. (ABS), Th.M. (ABS), Ph.D. (KCL)
Christian Theology; History of Christianity in China; Religion and Chinese Society
Christian Theology; Theology and Humanism; Christianity and Chinese Culture; Religious Charities in China; Theology of Sex; Research Methods
Taught previously at:
Alliance Bible Seminary, Hong Kong; China Graduate School of Theology, Hong Kong
1. Kwok, W.L. “The Narrative and the Triune Reality in the Theology of Robert Jenson: A Post-Karl Barth’s Development.” Yearbook of Chinese Theology 5 (2019): 3-27.
2. Kwok, W.L. “Theology of Religions and Intertextuality: A Case Study of Christian–Confucian and Islamic–Confucian Dialogue in the Early 20th-Century China.” Religions 10.7 (July 2019): 417. (Scopus and A&HCI Indexed Journal)
3. Kwok, W.L. “Seeking justice in the midst of war: The experience of war for Chinese Christians as revealed in The True Light Review, 1937–1941.” Studies in World Christianity 24.3 (Dec. 2018): 234-254. (Scopus and A&HCI Indexed Journal)
4. Kwok, W.L. “Christ-human and Jia Yuming’s Doctrine of Sanctification.” In Zheng Yangwen, ed. Sinicizing Christianity, pp. 109-136. Leiden: Brill, 2017.
5. Kwok, W.L. “Narrative therapy, theology, and relational openness: Reconstructing the connection between postmodern therapy and traditional theology.” Journal of Psychology and Theology 44.3 (Fall 2016): 201-212. (Scopus, A&HCI and SSCI Indexed Journal)
1. Digital Scholarship Grant, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2018-2019.
Project Title: “Digital Oral and Documentary History Database for the Social Participation of Hong Kong Protestant Christians from 1970 to 1997”. (HKD100,000)
2. General Research Fund, Research Grant Council, HKSAR Government. 2017-2019. Project Title: “Religious discourse, social participation, and identity construction of Hong Kong Protestant Christians from 1970 to 1997: An oral and documentary history” (12638516). (HKD406,964)
3. General Research Fund, Research Grant Council, HKSAR Government. 2015-2017. Project Title: “The concept of social justice in the periodicals of foreign religions in China, 1911-1949: Protestant Christianity and Islam” (12403714). (HKD264,400)