Dr. TSANG Gabriel F. Y.
Assistant Professor, Department of Chinese Language and Literature
|Phone number||3411 2281|
M.A. (HKU), Ph.D. (KCL)
Contemporary and modern Chinese literature; comparative literature; East Asian film and popular culture; critical theory; creative writing
Chinese prose writing; modern Chinese literature
Taught previously at:
Sun Yat-sen University
- Tsang, Gabriel F. Y. (2020) ‘Parochial Apolitical Formulation: Hong Kong Internetization and the Sexualizing Cyberspace of the Storytelling Channels of the Golden Forum and the LIHKG Forum’, Sungkyun Journal of East Asian Studies, 1 (2020), pp.61-82.
- Tsang, Gabriel F. Y. and Nguyen Huang Yen (2020) ‘The Vietnamese Confucian Diplomatic Tradition and the Last Nguyễn Precolonial Envoys’ Textual Communication with Li Hongzhang’, Asian Studies, 2 (2020), pp.213-32.
- Tsang, Gabriel F. Y. (2020) ‘The Architectural Structure of Pre-war Shanghai Images: Analysis of the Longtang Setting in Street Angel (1937)’, in Revealing/Reveiling Shanghai: Cultural Representations from the 20th and 21st Centuries, ed. by Lisa Bernstein and Chu-chueh Cheng (New York: State University of New York Press), pp.37-52.
- Tsang, Gabriel F. Y. (2019) ‘Place and the Representation of the Self: Milan Kundera’s Prague and Gu Hua’s Hibiscus Town’, in Spaces of Longing and Belonging: Spatiality, Culture and Identity in Literature and Film, ed. by Brigitte Le Juez (Leiden: Brill), pp.252-64.
- Tsang, Gabriel F. Y. (2014) ‘Political Narratology and Consensual Development in Post-Mao China’, Journal of Narrative Theory, 3, pp.467-84.