- Admission Scholarship for Outstanding Students Admitted to the BA Programme (Broad-based Admission)
- Mr. Lee Dao Bon Scholarship for Outstanding Arts Students
- Mr. Zhang Da Peng Scholarship for Outstanding Arts Students
- Prof. Jerry W. Barrett Scholarship
- The Italian Cultural Society of Hong Kong - Leo Tung-hai Lee Scholarship
- Postgraduate Student Incentive Award
The Italian Cultural Society of Hong Kong - Leo Tung-hai Lee Scholarship Fund
The University has set up “The Italian Cultural Society of Hong Kong - Leo Tung-hai Lee Scholarship Fund” in collaboration with The Italian Cultural Society of Hong Kong. The goal of setting up this Fund is to promote cultural exchange between Italy and Hong Kong. A donation of HK$1 million is in place to establish a scholarship fund of an endowment nature. The scholarship will support an outstanding student in Music or Visual Arts to study credit-bearing courses in Italy as an exchange student for one semester or one year. In the long run, such efforts will help enhance the cultural understanding between China and Italy, two of the greatest cultures of the world.
This scholarship will offer HK$40,000 for one year study or HK$25,000 for one semester study in Italy.
There will be Selection Committee every year. In the event that there is not a suitable student selected for a particular year, no disbursement of income will be required to offer the scholarship for that year.
If the student selected comes from the Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Music Program, he/she should be a distinguished performer. He/she should study in the music school of a university or a conservatory in Italy. If the student selected comes from the Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Visual Arts Program, he/she should study in the arts school of a university in Italy. Prior to making the trip to Italy, the student will be required to undertake some studies in the Italian language.
Students are required to fill out an application form and write an article of 200 words to express their aspiration of studying music or visual arts in Italy with the assistance of this scholarship.
Research Postgraduate Student Incentive Award
Each article published in a refereed journal would be awarded book coupons of HK$2,000. The award will be given to the same student not more than 2 times throughout the whole study period (two-year for MPhil or three-year for PhD).
Current full-time research postgraduate student (PhD and MPhil) who has published an article in a refereed journal (not necessary at a top-tier journal).
Commencement date of your current MPhil or PhD Study
- Students should submit a completed application form with the support document including an unconditional acceptance letter issued by the academic journal or the published article, to the Principal Supervisor and the Department/Programme Head for endorsement before submission to the Dean’s Office of the Arts Faculty.
- Applicants will be informed of the result through e-mail.
Dean’s Office of the Arts Faculty Tel: 3411-7197 (Ms. Tammie Yeung)